A yummy and rich chocolate cake which can be quickly and easily prepared when that need for chocolate arises. Of course it is free from both gluten and dairy and only naturally sweetened with dates. If you like a sweeter chocolate cake or have some picky guests, just add a few more dates and surely you will be pleasing everyone.
- 8 fresh medjool dates
- 50g butter (or coconut oil if you prefer)
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) cacao
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- if you like you can use baking powder instead of bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 F).
- Prepare a 15cm (6-inch) cake pan with parchment paper.
- Pit the dates and add to a blender or food processor together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until combined in a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 20 min. This chocolate cake is supposed to be slightly soft, muddy and yummy in the middle!
- Let cool and serve with some coconut cream and/or fresh berries. Alternatively mix the coconut cream with raspberries and serve with a pink cream!