“If you can see it in your mind you can hold it in your hand”
– Bob Proctor
That is why you should use a vision board, to speed up the process!
What is a vision board?
A vision board is exactly what it sounds like, a big board with lots of pictures of things or experiences which the creator of the vision board would like to have or experience in their life. So whatever you want in life, you should put it on your vision board. When creating a vision board it is important to remember that there are no limitations! The only limitations are the ones we impose on ourselves…
A vision board is a big (or small if you have it on your phone only) board on which you have gathered lots of images of what you want out of your life!
Visualization – the vision board for world athletes
The idea behind a vision board is the same as the reason why world athletes use visualization, you want to be constantly reminded in a vivid way exactly what is going to happen at some point in the future, like winning an Olympic gold medal. But you need to experience those emotions every time you see your vision boards. By doing so, you are constantly reminding yourself and your subconscious mind of what is going to happen for you and you will make it happen!
Or as the world-famous tennis player Novak Djokovic said during an interview:
“Visualization is a big part of everybody’s life, not just athletes. I strongly believe in visualization. I believe that there is a law of attraction. You get the things that you produce in your thoughts. Life just works that way.”
How to use it?
Ideally your vision board should be put in a place where you can see it every day (several times per day). So if you have a physical version (go big!), make sure you put it in a place where you see it several times per day and when you do, make sure to get those emotions that would be linked to you actually having or achieving those visions of yours as it is instrumental for your success!
For every picture on your vision board you should do the same, find that exact emotion and experience it as if it had already happened to you.
This part is of absolute importance, you have to fix it in your mind but combine it with the right feeling and emotions to really manifest it in your whole body. By doing so, one way or another you will for sure be open to the possibilities that will arise to take you to those visions! Personally I have my vision board on my phone and on my computer so that I see it many times per day and at least a couple of times, I dedicate time to create the right emotions. I believe by doing so (seeing them so often) they will get ingrained in my subconscious mind via this autosuggestion and my subconscious mind will help me get there even faster!
This is how you create your own!
With modern technology it is very easy to create your own vision board but if you were to do it old school (why not do both?), these are the steps:
- Write down the things you want in your life, yes, dream and dream big!
- Google pictures related to those words you wrote down and print those pictures
- Cut and paste on a cork board (you can get a cheap one at IKEA). If you don’t like Google, you can just cut pictures from some magazines. If you wanted a fancier version you would save your pictures and put them in one document, like Power Point and then go to your local printer firm and have them print a big version for you :). In this case, the bigger the better!!
- Write down then things you want in your life, yes, dream and dream big!
- Google pictures related to those words you wrote down.
- Create your own Vision Board using those pictures in PowerPoint
- Let your local printing firm help you with a big printed version you can have at home.
- Save the same version as your background picture on your computer
- Save the same version as the background picture on your phone
If you want to be even more digital in your creation, you can use an app like the Subliminal Vision Boards or if you are a user of Pinterest (or would like to become one) you can create it there as well.
This is how easy it is to help you get where you want to much faster! If most athletes do it (visualize), why should you not do it? IF you feel that it would be embarrassing, just do a small version for yourself, no one else has to see it. What is the downside of looking at some great pictures everyday? None! It will make you smile and I am sure it will help you achieve those goals and dreams of yours, just like it did for me. You want proof? Just check out this post!
Actions to take:
- Your Vision Board should be used together with your Visions & Goals
- Learn more about how Autosuggestion works (in your favor) here
- By using these techniques you will also get your subconscious mind working for you:)
- And your Reticular Acivation System!
Thoughts become things, so choose wisely!