We all have a story and often we keep on telling ourselves the same story over and over again. This story is called our life! Unless you change your story, your life will not change.
I am ready for change, are you?
Most of us have some limiting beliefs (yes, I do too) and unless we face them and challenge them, nothing will change and they will continue being a big obstacle on our way to a life on our terms. We have to work on them constantly and it doesn’t really matter if we have our goals written down and a clear dream for our future if we let ourselves be run by our limiting beliefs.
If the voice in your head has a negative relationship with health for example (you might say: I have bad genes, big bones, poor metabolism etc.) things will not change until you CHANGE YOUR STORY! If you keep thinking in this negative pattern your are using autosuggestion the completely wrong way. You are making these beliefs stronger and stronger and your subconscious mind will be trained (by you) to further strengthen these beliefs and it has become a vicious circle.
Unless you decide to take control by challenging your limiting beliefs and then start taking control over your mind and the mind chatter, your life will be run by your negative beliefs and heavily limit your potential in life. Don’t let this become the script of your future!
Change your Story!
We are all limitless and the only limitations we really have are the ones we impose on ourselves. We can all change, regardless of our current situation, our upbringing etc. There are thousands of different reasons in our minds as to “why we can’t be successful” but I guarantee that there are people who have been in a much worse situation than what you are currently in and still have become extremely successful. You can just google it and you will find loads of proof.
The difference is only that they decided to take back control and change their life! Nothing happens over night and it will most likely be both hard and uncomfortable but that’s how we grow and develop! I don’t really like the expression of “stepping outside of your comfort zone” but it’s so true. The more we do this, the larger our new comfort zone will be! The more we push our boundaries and our limitations, the more we will experience and learn and the more comfortable we will become of being uncomfortable!
Everything counts, the key thing is to start challenging our beliefs. If we take the example of poor health again, I’m sure everyone of us can improve. We all know what we need to do, still many of us don’t do it because we are too comfortable! This is why we need to make sure we have a big enough reason to change and then create a structure with discipline and routines, which in turn will lead to habits. Once we have great habits, we are on a roll!
These are the steps I would suggest you take if you want to change your story and your life:
- The first thing is to become aware of what changes you want to make in your life. What are those limiting beliefs you keep telling yourself? Knowledge is potential power, it becomes power when you combine it with action! Write down what is holding you back and be brutally honest!
- You then need to figure out WHY you MUST change. Your why, has to be something really, really motivating. Let’s again say that it’s your health. One reason why you must change could be that you want to be able to play with your kids and your grandkids and see them grow up. You don’t want to sit in a wheelchair, not being able to take part when they are playing. Is that really the life you want to live and is that the role model you want to be to them (yes you will be a role model as a parent or grand parent!)? This is just one example and you have to find yours for that what you wish to accomplish and when it gets hard, you think about why you must do it and I’m sure you know what to do next.
- Now that you know what you want and why it’s time to create your vision board. Either you start defining your Visions & Goals or follow the instructions in this post on How to create a Vision Board. A vision board will help you imprinting what is truly important to you into your subconscious mind. This is done by you using your vision board multiple times per day to remind yourself of where you are going in life! Yes, you are holding the reins!
- Take control over your mind chatter by starting to meditate. You need to take back control over your monkey mind so to make it easier for you to replace these old negative thoughts and beliefs with your newly set goals and dreams. Just follow the instruction in this post on: Meditation – why and how to get started!
- Exercise in any way you want but ideally with someone else or in a group. Accountability is great and any movements will improve your health physically but also mentally. When exercising, we are pushing ourselves and when we are doing that, we are strengthening our mental capacity and our willpower. This mental strength you will be acquiring can be used in any situation and your comfort zone will continue to grow together with your health.
- Replace friends who are holding you back or who are uninspiring! You are the average of your closest friends. If you want to change your life you will most likely have to change your friends! Yes, it’s for sure doable. As you find new interests in life, you will meet new people with similar goals and ambitions and that is awesome as you will inspire each other! You should still love your family but choose your friends (and who’s advice you listen to). Remember it’s your life we are talking about, it should be on your terms!
- Brainwash yourself! This is done by you constantly focusing on your vision board and what you are going to accomplish but I also want you to use some of the free tools available. We all have role models who we can learn from and they can be great sources of inspiration. Use your phone for constant inspiration and motivation to create that inner drive and hunger. I personally listen to these kinds of talks every day to get me in the right mood. If you do this for hours every day, the way you think will change, the way you talk will change and eventually your life will change! Find your role models or podcasts that truly inspire you. Listen for a couple of hours in the morning and throughout the day, every day! This is a great way of eliminating any negative talk or limiting beliefs you might have as you are totally immersing yourself with inspiring talks!
- Create a plan using our Goal Setting Template and remember to break it down into small steps. Every change ever made, happened one step at the time. Even if your goal might seem insurmountable, break it down again and again and again until you have the first step clear and then take that step! Use your why to get over that first hurdle of resistance and keep listening to and watch things that inspire and motivate you to change!
If you follow these steps and start gaining that initial momentum, you will for sure experience a change in your story. It might be slow at first but you are moving forward and the more progress you make, the more your limiting beliefs will vanish. You can write your own story and live the story. Any story ever written started with a thought and I’m sure you have plenty of those, now is the time to take the first step on that journey towards a life on your terms.
How to always be motivated!
Once you have started gaining momentum, you need to keep it and these are some of the ways I find the most efficient to keep on going.
- Exercise! Motions create emotions and energy creates more energy. You will feel better and look better and there are so many benefits of always being active, to both the body and mind.
- Put together a list on Youtube with the most inspiring clips you can find. It might be interviews or parts of some of your favorite movies. Create different lists so that you have them available depending on your purpose at that time.
- Create a list of the songs motivating you the most and create a playlist of those songs and make sure you always have them handy on your phone. When you need to use your brainpower to focus on something, let these songs play in the background (if possible and safe).
- Put together some motivational photos or pictures (create a small folder to always have access). These could be the same as on your vision board but they don’t have to be. The pictures in this folder can be of anything, maybe just your family members if they are the reason why you are going to do what you are going to do. When looking at these, make sure you also feel the feelings attached to those photos.
This is so simple, yet brilliant and always accessible. Personally this is what I used myself when I was in the process of taking one of the biggest steps of my life (so far) of resigning from a well paid job and develop this platform. I love having my role models seconds away and in my head all day. It’s so cool that we can choose how we are going to be brainwashed and that it’s even for free! Either we choose, or someone else chooses for us… With social media, constant advertising and all the negative stuff on TV all the time (we never watch TV because of that), we are drowning in information. So be wise and choose what, how and when you consume so that it truly benefits you and won’t drive you deeper into FOMO and FOPO…
Take control, change your story and choose who to learn from and who to be inspired by. Then decide to make that first move towards a life on your terms. Hell, if the above shouldn’t work at all for you, what’s the downside? You will have listened and learned loads of new things and I’m 100% sure that the way you think will change, especially if you know what you want and are super clear as to why you must do it!
The only limitations we have, are the ones we impose on ourselves, never bullshit yourself into believing anything else!
Actions to take:
- “Brainwash” yourself to success!
- Autosuggestion works – we become what we think about!
- Start gaining Momentum and keeping it!
- Creating a Winning Mindset
- How to break a bad habit and creating an amazing one
- Why I Choose To Be Courageous!
- Powerful body language – a game changer!
Leave a Reply