You choose what you want to see and experience so make sure to always be wearing the “right” glasses, not to miss any eventualities :)!
Small things are always happening for us
Yesterday we were changing location and the following so called eventualities happened within the next couple of hours:
- We were dropped off by a bus stop (no taxis close by) and within five minutes a minibus going in our desired direction stopped to pick up the three of us. As we got into the bus, we realised they only had three seats left, brilliant, just for us!
- After being dropped off by the minibus (half-way to our desired location), a taxi drove by within 30 seconds and we got a great price and he drove us all the way to the new hotel, absolutely perfect!
- The hotel did not have any water purifier and while we were standing just outside the property talking about it (since we were staying for a few days we needed quite a bit of water), a guy selling large water bottles (18 liters) just passed us by so we stopped him and got one without having to do any of the carrying from the supermarket. Are we lucky or what?!
All these eventualities happened within a couple of hours but it is not unusual for me as I expect magic to happen because it always does and therefore I am open to it..:)
Well, we could of course have chosen to wear the “darker” glasses and our interpretation of these episodes, would have been something like: We had to wait a looooooong time (felt long) for the minibus, it was warm and when it came, it was jam-packed. It was hot inside and the driver didn’t make me feel safe. When we got off the bus a taxi-driver stopped and I was sure he was going to rip us off as we clearly looked like tourists. He didn’t though, but the car was in very poor condition and I could not hear what the driver was saying and on top of it the seat belts did not work.
The guy with the water, well, what guy with water?! I had to walk to a supermarket several hundred meters away and carry these heavy bottles and I was sweating like a pig! Why am I always so unlucky all the time (yes, by the way, bad luck continued when I got back to the hotel as I realized I had forgotten my wallet at the supermarket so I had to go back again…… and the story never ends……
Actions to take:
- By starting to use a gratitue journal, you will become more mindful/present
- Start to meditate as it will help you see these magical moments as they occur
- If you want to know why the successful people meditate, check out this post
- Our monkey minds are always chatting away, maybe it is time to tame it?!
We all have choices in life, why not open your eyes and actually see all the positive things happening to (read for) us all the time and expect them to do so!